Inspira's Light & Tacky Tear Away is a removable stabilizer with a revolutionary "paperless" sticky surface. Therre is no paper covering of the tacky surface, so there is no need for scoring the paper. This stabilizer tears away easily and leaves minimal residue on needles, machine parts and hoops.
Use Light & Tacky Tear Away for small items which are not large enough to hoop or for sensitive fabrics that can be marked when hooped such as velvet, satin, suede, soft leather or vinly. Inspria's Light & Tacky Tear Away provides the needed support for fabrics with some stretch.
Directions for use:
- Slowly peel back the stabilizer from the roll and cut a piece of Inspira Light & Tacky Tear Away stabilizer large enough for the selected hoop (hoop dimension plus at least 1" on all four sides)
For "hoopless embroidery"
- Place stabilizer piec on flat surface with adhesive side up.
- Position out hoop on top of the adhesive side of Inspira Light & Tacky Tear Away stabilizer. You may not need the inner hoop.
- Place wrong side of the fabric to be embroidered on top of the sticky stabilizer surface. (Fabric can be repositioned if necessary, but will be less tacky.)
For hooped embroidery:
- Place wrong side of fabric on tacky surface of Inspira Light & Tacky Tear Away stabilizer
- Hoop fabric and stabilizer together, pulling them taut in the hoop.
- Embroider the design and remove from hoop
- Carefully peel back and tear the excess stabilizer from wrong side of fabric up to the stitching
- Follow normal care instruction for washing and drying or dry cleaning according to fabric type.
Best for these applications:
- Hoopless embroidery
- Light to medium weight wovens or knits, wool, corduroy, stretch terry and denim.